We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



9.16.2010

5 Fabulous Years!!!

(We had our "official" anniversary date last Saturday night (9.11.10)...we went to the Dave Matthew's Concert...Blitzer wanted to join us!)

Being that it's our anniversary today, I wanted to ride into the office with my super-cute hubby so I took my time getting ready this morning waiting for him to come home from the fire station.  I sent him a text to see if he was on his way, and he called back to say that he "just left work and is stuck in traffic so it might be a while".  Well, poo.  So, I loaded Nicky in the car for school and wouldn't you know, as soon as we turned out of our neighborhood, Kris turned onto our street.  Not being one to give up, I called and told him to hurry up and get ready mister!  I dropped Nick off at school then swung back to the house to grab my amazing husband of 5 years and to work we drove.

We had already gotten each other gifts in St Thomas...tanzanite earrings for me...
and a Tissot watch for my man...

Anywho...we parted ways and went to our respective corners of the office, and as I approached my desk I was surprised to find these beauties...

Yay for me!  Wasn't expecting them at all.  They are they same flowers we had in our wedding...how sweet and sentimental is that boy?!  Turns out, he didn't fib about "just left work..." - I just assumed he meant the fire station, when in reality he was leaving me a prize at our office...little sneak!  We're also going to have a hot lunch date to round out the day.  Not too shabby I think! :)

2 comments:

jenn said...

happy anniversary!

Antoinette Musik said...

Congratulations on five years of marriage. I am newly wed and your story absolutely inspires me.
To many more fantastic years with your very cute husband!

xx

antoinettemusik.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...