We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



5.12.2010

Random Nicky


Hump hump hump. Scratch scratch scratch.

This is what came out of my sweet little boy's mouth while we were at the nursery a few weekends ago buying plants. Nicky was very excited about this quest, and his enthusiasm was probably elevated by the fact that he only had a 15 minute power nap in the car (something we never do - that kid needs his naps or it's hyper-city around our house!). We had been there for quite some time and he was ramped up, so Nana and I were trying to scurry to finish the shopping. I wasn't really paying enough attention to Nicky apparently, because the next thing I knew, he was, um, “hugging” my leg and moving around a bit, then scratching my leg, saying: “hump hump hump.” “scratch scratch scratch.”

I knew the right thing would be to try to redirect him and not make a big deal about it, but seriously, how do you NOT laugh when you’re preschooler is HUMPING your leg?!

Now, you might be wondering what the heck we’re teaching this impressionable young child in the Johnson house. I assure you it’s not this type of behavior.

I’m blaming the dog – Blitzer to be exact (poor spotted wonder dog - he always gets the blame!).

For some reason that hound has a “thing” for me and will chase me down to hump me, scratching me in the process with his uber-long “click clicks” (aka nails). Nicky is usually my knight in shining armor, pulling Blitzer off me (I’m usually laughing too hard, and in pain from the nails digging into my skin).

I don’t know if there was something in the sandwich he ate for lunch or the fruit snacks he had that morning, but whatever it was, he chose a very public, very crowded location to embarrass his Momma...hilarious nonetheless!

*notice the pink socks?  Daddy's gonna love this post just for seeing his favorite color!  Bwahaha!!!*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...