We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



7.14.2009

Who Let the Dogs Out

"You guys might not know this but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one boy wolfpack. But when my parents brought me home from Russia and I met Blitzer, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolfpack, it grew by one. So there were two of us in the wolfpack. I was alone first in the pack and then Blitzer joined in later. And 6 months ago, when Gina introduced me to Riley, I thought, wait a second, could it be. And now I know for sure that I just added another guy to my wolfpack. Then I met Max and now there are four of us wolves, running around the Big D together looking for tomfoolery and ballyhoo. So today, I make a toast." (cheers from Nicky J!)

For those of you that have seen The Hangover, you might recognize that toast by the oddball brother, Alan. For those of you that haven't seen it...you really should - it's pretty darn hilarious! Anyway - the point of all that is this - Nicky seems to be part dog. Or at least, he wants to be! His new thing is to crawl around on all fours, bark and whine, and beg to be petted! And he seems to be quite fond of the furry four-legged pups in our lives. Well, except for Bailey - she kinda let him know who the Alpha Dog in the house was shortly after we brought him home, by biting him on the cheek. Who knew dogs didn't like to be tugged on, kicked and teased?! Apparently, Nicky didn't, that's who! So - here are a few pics of Nicky and his "wolfpack"...
Quite the change from the little guy we brought home 10 months ago, that did a spit/point/stomp combo while shouting at the dogs in Russian!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...