We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



12.23.2008

Gingerbread House

My friend Veronica (or as Nicky says "Onca") gave us a Willy Wonka Gingerbread House kit for Christmas this year (it contained a full pound of candy!). She thought it would be something fun for us to do & would maybe occupy Nicky's attention span for more than 10 minutes. Well - it did to that, however, I have to say, it's a good thing I didn't become an architect! I should have thought ahead and put the house part together before I sat Nicky down to do the decorating. The icing that comes in the kit, although very tasty, is not very good at holding the house pieces together! I managed to get the walls up without too much of a problem, however the roof turned out to be rather tricky. So with my left hand I held the house together, and with the right hand I iced the different parts of the house for Nicky to decorate! Quite comical, actually, especially the part when the whole thing came crashing down! The look on Nicky's face was priceless! I felt so bad; but once I got over the shock of it all, told him it was ok, gave him a few more pieces of candy to sample, and let him proceed in decorating the piece of the roof that survived the fall, all was good in the world again. Even though our house might not be showcased on any HGTV show, I have to hand it to Veronica - the purpose of the mission was to occupy Nicky's time & it did just that!
Here are a few pics of the disaster...
We started out so strong...all prepared for our masterpiece!

Nicky's face after "the fall"...

Nicky after realizing the fun wasn't all over...

Nicky decorating the roof...

Merry Christmas everyone! I'll post pictures of Nicky tearing through his presents on Christmas morning later this week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...