We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



12.14.2008

To Stitch Or Not To Stitch...

...That was our question Saturday afternoon. We chose the latter...not to stitch. Now, I'm sure you're wondering "stitch what, exactly?" Well - Nicky's lower lip, that's what. Nicky & I were heading up the stairs after lunch and we had a little accident. Nicky was upset with me because I wouldn't let him play with his lunch - how dare I actually want him to eat it! I told him he could eat or it was nap time. Although Nicky's decision wasn't nap time, it also wasn't to eat, therefore, up the stairs we went - with Nicky rebelling the whole way. As we continued up the stairs, Nicky slipped and down he went...on his face. He screamed out and when he tilted his head back, I saw his mouth quickly filling up with blood. There was so much, I couldn't tell exactly where it was coming from, so I rushed him to the kitchen sink and tried to determine the extent of the damage. What I found was a big gash along the inside of his lower lip on the left side. Even though I was shaking and freaking out internally, I managed to stop the bleeding and called Kris to get his professional opinion & to beg him to come home. Momma's not so good with the sight of blood and I wasn't sure whether or not we should rush him to the hospital. Kris came home and checked it out and we decided that Nicky would survive without stitches (he would probably pick at them & pull them out anyway). Nicky is doing much better today, although he has a nice fat lip and cut on the outside of his mouth. He's such a little trooper - he's acting as if it never happened! But, you bet momma won't forget & I was monitoring each step he took on the stairs when we went up for today's nap!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...