We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



2.05.2009

Prayers

A friend of mine recently asked if I found that blogging was helpful, emotionally speaking. I agreed that I find it has a cathartic effect and feel that it helps me when I write about things, whether or not anyone actually reads it. When writing about Nicky, I am forced to write about the "fun" and "good" times, even though some days I really feel like blabbing about his tantrums and stubborn behavior instead. It helps me to focus on the positive and reminds me why we went to Russia in the first place.

Well, this post is going to be all about me, and all about my feelings, so bear with me. My Aunt Sharon is losing her long battle with breast cancer. As I type that, tears rush into my eyes and a huge lump is forming in my throat. She is the most amazing woman I know (outside of my mom) and has handled it with what I can only describe as grace. She's never complained. She's never let on that she was in pain, and even if she did, she said it with a smile. She has always put her trust in Him and has lived life to the fullest. She made a "bucket list", so to speak, and did those things she always wanted to do and then some. Through her journey to God, she has been a guiding force to others. She has touched more people than she will ever know, as her humbling spirit will never allow her to take credit. She emailed monthly-ish "updates" that not only informed of her health status, but also had a "life lesson". Whether she intended them that way or not, that's the way most of us have taken them. Her writings would remind us that there was more to life than possessions, etc. She had a way of making one look for the good and amazingness in the littlest of things. She was truly an ambassador of God's Word and made me, personally, want to strive to be a better person. I feel so truly blessed to have ever been in her presence and am proud that she is my aunt.

Now, I ask of you, to please keep her and her family in your prayers as she makes the ascent into Heaven. She will be missed more than I ever told her, but I find comfort in knowing that she will soon be with her Savior and will then be healed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...