We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



3.26.2010

Silly Daddy!

The other morning I went upstairs to wake Nicky for school.  He sleepily slid out of bed and wobbily walked to the stairs, reaching for my hand.  We got downstairs in the master bath and I started taking Nicky's jammies off him.  I, myself, was a little sleepy still, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why it was so difficult to get his diaper off (we were out of pull-ups, which he still wears to bed at night).  Then it hit me - Daddy put it on backwards!!!  I started giggling so hard, it made it even more difficult to get it off the poor kid, who by now is squirming around because apparently my hands were not only cold, but I was somehow tickling him!  (most ticklish kid in the world by the way!) 

Nicky and I both had a good laugh at Daddy's expense, and then as I drove into work later, I became consumed with laughter because I was trying to picture how he managed to get the diaper fastened so well.  Did he flip Nicky over on his belly?  Did Nicky have to prop himself up for Daddy to do the reach around?  Did Daddy not notice that it was more difficult than usual to get the thing on?

I called Kris and left him a VM, laughing at his silliness.  When he called me back, he said that as he listened to the message he had a good laugh too, because it all made sense to him!  Poor Daddy...you're the best, and we're sorry we're poking fun at you...but...thank goodness we didn't get a newborn!  Who knows what kind of mess he would've put Nicky in!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Bwahaha! I used to purposely put diapers on backwards on my youngest at night, b/c it kept her from leaking, and it confused the heck out of my husband. Thanks for the giggle, and thanks for the sweet comment over at my place. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...