We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



8.19.2010

The Great Russky Hand-Off

Kris flew to El Paso to gather the little Russky from Granny and Poppa, while I spent time in San Antonio with my family.  We had a group birthday celebration for Uncle Brent, Pop, Uncle David, and cousin Emily on Saturday evening.  Uncle Brent surprised Pop with this bad boy...and it's been a big hit...


What is it about tractors and such that thrill boys so much?!

We spent most of the weekend being lazy around the pool and playing with Emily's new Barbies - Brenden included.  When we were kids, Brent and I walked across Ramstein AFB to the "toyland" for him to purchase a "Ken" doll, only for Pop to send us right back to the store to return it because "no son of mine will play with dolls!"  Funny how things have changed - in fact, Pop didn't even bat an eye as he watched me, Em, and lil' B opening the Barbies and getting them all set up!

Sunday afternoon, I picked Kris and Nicky up at the airport.  Nicky was so excited to see me that as I got out of the car, he ran up to greet me and fell off the curb! :(  Guess the excitement won out, because that didn't stop him from picking himself up at warp speed and jumping into my arms! 

We only spent a few hours with him at Nana and Pop's before we had to get in the car to head home.  Nicky was so thrilled to be with his cousins that he would barely even tell us good-bye!  Oh well, at least he didn't have a meltdown due to our leaving him, although he did call me this morning to tell me that "brie hit me in da face and i scared an sad an i miss you momma"...I miss you too buddy!  I'm sure with all the fun they're having, his little bout of sadness is short-lived. 

As for Kris and I, it's super-quiet around the house.  We've enjoyed spending some time to ourselves (and with each other of course).  I've gotten to pee all by myself...I had almost forgotten what that was like!!!  We've been able to enjoy a few dinners out without having to supervise a crazy man (ironically though, we dined at a restaurant on "kids eat free night"...so there was still a bit of chaos!).  We even went to see two movies...man we live on the edge! :)  Nicky comes home on Friday, so we better make the most of it while we can...the little devil will have us back on our toes in no time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...