We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



10.23.2008

"Boobeets"

Ok - so you're probably thinking that this is not the title of a post you'd ever see, but here it is. There won't be any pictures to accompany this one, so don't get too excited. Although, since family members will be reading this, I hope that the prospect of seeing either myself, Kris' or Nicky's "boobies" doesn't get you excited at all!

Now - for the point of this post... Nicky is a "boob man". Being a mother of a boy I have to admit I am a bit more modest when it comes to dressing/undressing in front of him. I tend to "hide" in my closet for the most part when engaging in these activities. However, this is not always a possibility. I figured that the time had come that he could see me (partially) undressed (think waist up). As I was taking off my shirt one day, with Nicky watching my every move, I noticed that his gaze stopped just above my navel and he got a silly smile on his face & stuck his tongue out to the side. (The tongue thing is his signature move, just like his Pop - it usually comes out when he's either concentrating on something, or when he's really enjoying something.) I think in this case it was probably both. I figured "what the heck" and told him "boobies"..."you're looking at momma's boobies" (we are, after all, teaching him English, so I had to expand on the statement). He thought that was just great and began saying "boobeet" over and over (he's got a little speech impediment so the "s" comes out like a "t". Later that evening, as Nicky was having his bath, he touched his own chest and said "boobeet" and once again, flashed a silly smile with the tongue sticking out! So I agreed and said "yes, those are Nicky's boobies". After his bath, I took him up to his room and began our lotion/ointment/bed time rituals and as I was rubbing the lotion on his legs I looked up to see him playing with his "boobeets" and then he reached forward, opened my shirt and requested "boobeet"! Oy! I thought, "I've created a monster!".

Nicky's since given Kris the same silly grin with tongue while looking at "daddy's boobeet" and all I hear while we're changing clothes or bathing or doing anything that might require a peek at "boobies" is an enthusiastic "boobeet"! I think I hear "boobeet" almost as many times in a day as I hear "nyet"! Last night I told Kris I was going to have to invest in some beads for Nicky to throw at me every time he requests "boobeet"! I should get something out of it, right?! Ah, the joys of parenthood!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...