We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



10.22.2008

my visit to the TX State Fair with granny & papa

this past weekend my granny & papa came to visit me all the way from el paso. my momma & daddy told me that's a really long way away...thank goodness they came here to see me, cuz i don't like long drives. anyway - when i woke up from my nap on friday, i got a big surprise! not only did i get to see my granny again, but i got to meet my papa! it was so exciting! we all got in their van and went to the texas state fair - i didn't know what that was, but everyone sounded so excited to be going, so i went along with it. my papa sat in the back with me and played with me so the drive didn't seem too long. when we got to the fair we got to look at some animals. there were bunnies, goats, llamas (just like in one of my books "llama llama red pajama"), zebras, some big cow things and an ostrich that bit me when i tried to feed him! yep - the ostrich bit my finger...no wonder my daddy doesn't like those things! after all that i got to wash my hands - that's my favorite thing - i don't like to get dirty at all. then we went to ride a few rides - that was awesome! i rode a balloon thing that spun around and went up & down with my daddy, then a train thing with my papa, then my daddy took me on this really big slide! then came the games - i wasn't that interested in them, but i got some fun prizes when daddy & papa played them for me. i got a stuffed pig, a dog that looks like blitzer (by the way - i've given up on that whole "sabaka" word - it's too hard to say!) and a little lion. i got to try cotton candy & then momma & daddy gave me chicken fingers & french fries with my favorite thing ketchup for dinner! on our way out of the fair i got to see this big dude ("big tex") that talks and then we went into a tent that had tons of cars! i loved that part!!! if you'll notice - there aren't any pictures to go along with this post - that's cuz momma forgot her camera & she had to buy a weird one to take pictures with and she didn't get them developed yet - whatever that means! i don't really believe the thing she was using was a camera thou - you couldn't even see the picture after that flashing light thing went off! hopefully momma will get the pictures and i can send them out later.

smell ya later gators! :) nicky j.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...