We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



6.10.2009

Nicky's 1st Girlfriend

Tonight as Nicky and I were saying his prayers before bed, I asked him if he had any of his friends he wanted to "bless". We always say Momma, Daddy, Nicky, Blitzer, Bailey, both grandparents, etc; he usually doesn't add anyone other that who Kris or I mention. However, when I asked him this time, he told me "Grace". Up until recently, he's only randomly mentioned a few of his friends from school. There have been a few of the boys that he points out when we happen to pull up to school at the same time (Ben & Jude); one little girl in the class below him, Ella (sidebar - if Kris and I had a little girl we were going to name her Ella, so it's weird that this was the 1st little girl that he ever mentioned to us!); then there's the big bad Darlet; and of course he's mentioned his teachers. Last Friday, he was to bring a book to school to share with his friends, and as we were picking one out, he asked me if he could read it to "Grace". This was the first I had heard of her, and to my knowledge there wasn't even a "Grace" in his class. Lo and behold, there is a "Grace" and he has mentioned her a few times since. Tonight after telling me "Grace" at prayer time, I asked him if she was his girlfriend. He got all smiley and said "yes" (I'm sure he doesn't know what that means, but it's still fun to ask!). I then asked him if he liked her, and once again, he said "yes". So I pulled out the big guns and asked him if he was going to hug her, and got a big, squirmy, embarrassed "noooo!". Not one to stop at that, I asked "Well, are you going to kiss her?" He immediately replied with an even louder, more squirmy "NOOOOO!". We both laughed as I asked him "why not?". He then grabbed my face, one hand over each cheek, and said "Nicky kiss Momma!", and proceeded to plant a big, long smacker, right on my lips! So - take that Grace! You've got nothin' on this Momma! :) Oy vey...I'm already feeling this twinge of jealousy - what's gonna happen when he's actually old enough to date?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...