We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



2.09.2010

You're So Vain

Lately everything Kris or I talk about these days will elicite a "who me?" from Nicky.  At times it can be quite annoying - as in I'm talking to Kris on the phone, trying to explain what the furnace fix-em-up guy told me and Nicky hears "he said" and I hear a little proud "who me?" chirping from the back seat over and over until I answer him!

Then there are the times that are really sweet, and I'm telling Kris how agreeable Nicky is being, and that he's loving on me and giving me kisses and Nicky says "who me?", as he kisses my hand or gives me a hug.

Of course, the most hilarious, if not a tad awkward, are the times when Blitzer gets a bit, well, we'll just say "excited", and follows me around wanting a piece of me.  I'll tell Kris "Blitzer has been humping my leg all night!"...yep..."who me?".  Um, no son, definitely not you...who do you think I am, Woody Allen?!

Not to worry, my good friend Dr Spock (by way of Jean Piaget) assures me that Nicky is not selfish, he just "can't take on anyone else's perspective".  And it's true, if we hurt ourselves or need anything, he's right there to help and comfort us.  He's just experiencing that little bit of egocentrism that goes along with the normal preschool psychological development.  Apparently this will last until about the age of 7...gee...can't wait!

Whew...and I was worried that we were going to have a little egomaniac among us!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...