We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



6.25.2010

S'more...and not the ones you eat


Nicky's preschool class was all aflutter yesterday afternoon when I went in to pick him up.  They had a field trip to the local Petco that morning and had adopted a class pet...a guinea pig!  He's soo cute and all the kids were squealing as each parent came in talking about him and asking if they could get him out of the cage to show him off.


He's a little shy, and I'm sure a little stressed out from his busy day, so he was doing a lot of hiding under his little loft area.  I think if I were scooped up and placed in a room with 25 crazy 4 year olds I would want to do some hiding out myself!


I think Nicky was just as excited about S'more as he was his cage.  He showed me where his food is and how he gets water and that he can walk up the ramp.  It's funny what tickles this kid's fancy.  Kinda like giving a kid some fun and extravagant gift and all they want to do is play with the box it came in!

I'm not sure how they will be taking care of S'more over the weekends.  If we get to take him home, I'm sure our four-legged kids will really go crazy!  Not to mention...he's so cute, Momma might want to get one since Daddy won't let us get another puppy!

1 comment:

jenn said...

what a cute little thing! i had guinea pigs growing up...they get to where if they hear the fridge open, then will start squeeking!!!! for carrots!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...