We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



11.01.2009

It's Official...I've Lost My Mind!

As a mom, I do as other busy moms: multi-task. This morning was not unlike any other weekend morning. I was getting my grocery list together, starting a load of laundry, drinking my coffee, and making a bowl of cereal for Nicky. Well, look closely at the picture below and see if you can spot the silliness...
Yep - I gave my son a fork to eat his cereal! The funniest part is, Nicky even said "i got fork for cereal?" And, since he sometimes confuses objects he sees/uses every day, I corrected him, saying that it was a spoon - and had him repeat the word (the "s" and the "p" are disastrous together for him)...which he did so perfectly! Moral of the story - wise up Momma, slow down, and have a little faith that the little guy is starting to "get it"! (ps...check out his "proper" form in holding the fork! the OT sessions are starting to pay off!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...