We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



11.23.2009

"i need dat pone"


The other night, I needed to pick up a few things, so Nicky and I headed to our local "Wallyworld" (about my least favorite place in the world - but - sometimes you just can't beat their low prices).  Luckily, I didn't need to get much, because that kid was like an octopus!  Even though I had him safely stowed in the cart, he managed to grab just about everything in sight; and if he didn't pull it into the cart, he was pointing and asking me "what dat?  what dat?".  As I made it to the check-out line, Nicky helped me unload the cart, then proceeded to study all the items stores like to put at the check-out in order to entice you into spending even more money.  It was then that he spied a toy cell phone and announced "i need that pone!".  (yes...need, not want!)  Keep in mind, the little booger has 2 toy phones, 1 toy blackberry, and my old cell phone already.  I, of course, reminded him of this fact, only to be told "i frow dem in trash.  get new pone."  Hmm...well, that is one option; and at least he seemed to recognize that he couldn't get another one since he already had several in his posession.  Regardless, it's clear that he has come down with a "case of the gimmies"!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm pretty sure we read the Berenstein Bears gimmie book this week. This post reminds me that "i need a new pone"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...