We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...


The Kid's Got the Crazies

This past Saturday was probably one of our busiest ones yet.  Nicky and Daddy went to Daddy's boss's grandson's (got that?) birthday party around lunch-time, then it was home to play for a bit before going to play t-ball.  Then we rushed to Target to get some necessities and groceries so that I wouldn't have to shop on Mother's Day (Kris had to work at the fire station).  From there, Nicky and Daddy went to pick up dinner while I got ready so we could all meet some friends at the FC Dallas soccer game at 8pm.  At no point during all this running around did Nicky stop talking.  From the second he woke up that morning, until we were in the car at midnight driving home his little mouth was running!  He was in mid-sentence when he finally fell asleep in the car, and then when Kris carried him upstairs, he was upset because he wasn't going to get to listen to books!  Um - you're asleep! 

*notice Nicky's eating PINK cotton candy - Daddy's FAVE color! (tee hee hee)  Daddy even tried to get Nicky to buy the blue kind instead, telling him pink's for girls and he still wanted it!  LOL!*

Andrew (who coaches t-ball with Kris) does some announcing for the FC Dallas, so he was able to get us the tickets.  It was a lot of fun - especially since Nicky was able to hang out with Trevor and his new girlfriend baby Blair (Trevor's little sis that Nicky's totally addicted to)!  After the game we went to the clubhouse to listen to Andrew play guitar/sing for a bit and Nicky and Trevor ran around like little crazy people.  Then they both wanted to help Andrew pack up his gear. 

I seriously do not know how Nicky had any energy left whatsoever, but I was all for it, banking on the fact that he would sleep in for me the next morning! 

It amazes me that kids can go and go and go.  I would like to know when it was that I lost all my steam.  I mean, I was wiped out before we went to t-ball and I didn't even go to the birthday party!  Every day after lunch I seriously consider pulling a Costanza and taking a little nap under my desk.  It could prove a little tricky, as my desk is actually a cubicle with only two tall-ish walls and one short one resembling a "drive-thru window".  But, not to fear, I found this site that can prove to be very helpful!  If I had my own company, I would definitely have a "nap room" of sorts.  You could sign up for it at half hour intervals - just enough to recharge.  Of course, everyone would have to bring their own pillow and blankie, but I would have a wall of cubbies with everyone's name on them for storage.  It would be genius.  There might be some HR issues with the hanky-panky that could possibly go down, but I have plenty of time to figure out how to avoid all that since I'm sure I won't be running any corporations any time soon.   But, I can dream right...or in this case...day dream.

How did I get off on that tangent?  Oh - right - the kid had a ton of energy!  Well, it all paid off because sleep in late he did indeed, which meant I got to start my Mother's Day off right and we had a great night with some new friends! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...