We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



5.13.2010

Pretty Much Just Another Sunday

That about sums up my Mother's Day.  Kris worked at the fire station, so it was just me and the little Russky left to our own devices.  I somehow was able to sleep in until 9:45 (whoo hoo!) as Nicky was still tuckered out from our never-ending Saturday.  After checking out my pretty flowers my wonderful hubby got me (and tickets to see Wicked...yay!)...


I climbed into bed with Nicky and lay there listening to him breathe and staring at his beautiful lips (they are so juicy, I just want to bite them!).  He looked so peaceful I didn't want to wake him - I was afraid he would start talking again and never stop.  But, alas, my belly started to growl and I had it in my head that the only thing that would fill it up would be Burger King egg and cheese croisan'wiches.  So, with messy bed head, we rushed out and came home to chow down then cuddle on the couch watching a movie.

After that, it was more of the same ol' typical weekend day.  Ate lunch.  Napped - my favorite part!  Had snack.  Did some laundry.  Ate dinner.  Washed dishes.  Cleaned up some dog puke while Nicky stood over me asking a million times "what dat?"  "what dat der?"  "who do dat?"

The only thing that wasn't normal about the day was out of the blue at random Nicky would look at me all sweet-like, give me a big hug and say "happy mudder day momma!"  Talk about melting your heart!  There was also the opening of the super sweet cards from both Kris and Nicky.  Here's part of the one Nicky made for me at school...(green paper and pen, of course, as that's his favorite color)...

*picture of our family - that's me on the left - notice the fancy hair?  Nicky's on the right - tallest one!  Daddy's in the middle with the big eyes.  I think it's a spitting image of the three of us, no?*

*This is the part of the card that really got me.  It says "I Love You".  In Nicky's OWN handwriting!  He was barely able to make more than a circle at the beginning of the school year and now he's writing letters!  Sniff, sniff...my boy's growing up!*

A girl could get used to this kind of stuff!  Ok, so maybe it wasn't just another Sunday afterall...I'd say my boys definitely took good care of me...I'm just bitter Kris had to work and couldn't spend the day cuddling on the couch with us.  Aw...how sweet...blech! :)

3 comments:

Amber T said...

YEA wicked!! I'm going too!!! weeeeeee!!

Shorely Chic said...

Your blog is so adorable! I love the stories about your son, he sounds like such a cutie!

Liz at Shorely Chic :)

jenn said...

love the card nikky made for you!!! thats a keeper!!! and you wont even be a hoarder for that!;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...