We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



12.09.2009

Momma's Birthday...

And I'm not telling how old I am...and if the question arises, I'll say "27"!  (tee hee hee!)  I have to say, as far as birthdays go, this was one of the best ones I've had yet.  It's really the first one I've celebrated with Nicky, as last year he had only been with us a few months and didn't understand it at all.  This year, on the night of my actual birthday, Kris and Nicky took me to dinner at a yummy German restaurant (Bavarian Grill), and since we had just finished the Vegan Diet, we were able to enjoy rich creamy sauces and our favorite - CHEESE!!!  Nicky was thrilled by the "choo choo" that runs around the ceiling of the dining room, so Momma and Daddy were able to sit back and enjoy the evening without having to constantly entertain Nicky.  I was even serenaded by the accordian-playing one-man-band (the "Anneliese Polka Song"), and had a special "happy birthday" song played on some Alpine bells!  Nicky sang me "happy birthday" several times throughout the day, and gave me a new pair of soccer sandals (I wear them around the house and had just torn my pair of 5 years in half).

The following evening, Nana and Pop joined us for a fun weekend.  Nicky got his "big boy bed"; Pop, Kris and Nicky went to tour the new Cowboys Stadium (Pop's a huge Cowboys fan); Momma and Nana had a fun girls-only shopping/lunch day; and we all enjoyed some delish Turkish cuisine (we lived in Turkey for 2 years when I was growing up, so we consider ourselves expert judges).  Nicky decided that his favorite part of the meal was Momma's dirty martini (the olives to be exact), and couldn't keep his eyes off it!

If turning another year older means I have to celebrate with such good company, then I suppose having a birthday isn't all that bad afterall!  (I could do without the new wrinkles though!) 

1 comment:

jenn said...

happy birthday anneliese!
love that last pic. too sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...