We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



1.13.2009

Contractors...GRRRRR!

Contractors...you know - those guys that supposedly come to fix something at your house, but run amok and cause a ruckus in the process? Our house needed new siding and we supposedly got a great deal with a company that shall remain nameless for the time being. The product itself (Alcoa) is great - looks awesome. It's the actual work & and those doing it that is getting us so bogged down. They told us that it would take about a week to complete - that was about 3 weeks ago now. 3 weeks of our house looking like a construction zone - trash, scraps of materials, nails, and boxes of products strung all over the place...front of the house; sides of the house & back yard. The back yard especially frustrates me since we have 2 dogs and would like to keep their little paws intact and wouldn't really appreciate them having to go to the emergency room with a nail sticking out of one! Not to mention - we now have a little guy tooling around - one who's super curious about all the stuff the "man' is doing to his house - kinda wanna keep him safe too! Oh - and don't get me started on what we found by the dog house out back - let's just say the dogs don't eat corn, so we know it was created by a human. Get my drift?! Who does that??? Those of you that know me know that I'm pretty particular about my belongings and the placement of said belongings and that I don't like to have things out of order. Well, my world is out of order & I'm not happy about it. The only redeeming factor is that at least it's not the inside of the house.

Whew...I feel better! Sorry - I just had to get all that off my chest...thanks for "listening' :)

Signed,
Disgruntled Homeowner in Plano

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...