We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



1.23.2009

Odds & Ends

1. I am happy to report that the work on our house is complete! We have brand new siding, with pretty cottage-like shingles in the entry-way. We have a new front door, that my wonderful husband painted a fabulous beachy shade of green (along with the 2 back doors). Now we just need to work on the flora & fauna in the front and all will be well!
2. The dishwasher is fixed!!! Yeah! No more dish-pan hands! I failed to mention in my previous post, that yes, wearing rubber gloves would've been a simple solution to my issue. However, I am allergic to latex, which is a main "ingredient" in most of these such gloves & the only ones we could find sans latex were in the size XL. This makes for a very frustrating dish washing experience, as the items keep falling out of my hands due to the fingers of the gloves being so long.

3. We have been dog-sitting (Riley) for a friend this week, and I have come to the conclusion that maybe having 3 dogs wouldn't be the best idea right now (Kris is breathing a sigh of relief at this revelation). I love having Riley around, but Bailey is not the easiest girl to get along with and there have been a few tense moments!
Last but not least, here are a few silly Nicky pictures to kick off the weekend...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...