We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



1.02.2009

Happy New Year!

I'm here at work, the day after New Year's Day and although I typically like when it's quiet here (I can actually get my own work done & not be bothered by everyone else & their stuff), I must say that I have ZERO motivation! It's just too quiet. I would rather be at home in my cozy bed, where I happen to have spent a good majority of yesterday! Kris and I spent New Year's Eve at our next-door neighbor's house with our typical group of neighbors that hang out together (Nicky joined via baby monitor...love that thing!). The instructions were to bring an appetizer & a bottle of champagne. Well...I couldn't let the champagne go to waste! :) I love that stuff...until the next morning rolls around. This was our first day spent with Nicky after an evening of imbibing. Not that it will be our last mind you, but those kinds of evenings will be few and far between going forward. Although, I must say, Nicky was so good all day. He played on the couch next to me (as I was all stretched out under the covers barely able to move), and gave me kisses every 15 minutes or so! He played with his tools (drilled my head a bit...); he was "Dr Nicky" (we got him a vet doctor kit thingy for Christmas)(he listened to my heartbeat in my cheek, took my temperature under my nose and gave me "medicine"); then played with his RC firetruck for almost 3 hours straight in the afternoon! Thank goodness he's able to play on his own a bit more now, or the day could've been quite different.

Proof that 2008 was a good year...
1. Started the adoption process in January

2. Hung out in San Francisco, Napa, Monterey & Carmel for Kris' birthday
3. Visited friends & family in St Louis, MO
4. Spent 4th of July meeting Nicky in St Petersburg, Russia
5. Travelled back to Russia for our adoption hearing in August & stayed with some new friends
6. Visited friends in Basel, Switzerland & took a trip to Locarno, Switzerland
7. Picked up Nicky from the orphanage in St Petersburg & brought him home!

I'd say we had a truly blessed year! I hope you all had a wonderful 2008 and wish you the best for 2009!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...