We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



5.19.2009

"Be Right Back" - Part 2

In an earlier similarly titled post, I mentioned how often we use the phrase "be right back" in our household. Well, I didn't fully understand how important this little phrase was until I neglected to use it the other morning when I left Nicky alone in the bathroom. It was the same as any other morning. I put him on the potty, grabbed his pull-up to take to the trash in the kitchen, told him to go "ocaccalo" and that I was going to get his breakfast. I all but said "be right back". I assumed it was implied. Well, we all know what happens when one assumes things. I'm in the kitchen, preparing breakfast, when I hear the loudest, most urgent, blood curdling screaming coming from our master bathroom. "Momma! Momma! Momma!". Back to the bathroom I went, running as fast as I could. I thought he must have launched himself off our handicap-height toilet (Kris is rather tall, and therefore purchased a taller than normal, toilet for our bathroom) and banged his head on our iron pedestal tub. Nope, not so. Not so at all. As I reached the water closet area, Nicky immediately stopped crying, looked up at me from the toilet, took a deep breath, and with tear-stained face said "Momma. Be right back?". Note to self: Do Not Leave Child Unattended Without Telling Said Child Where You're Going and That You Will Be Right Back!!! Once again, the child has trained the stupid parent.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...