We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



5.05.2009

"Donald's?"

Lately Nicky has been very interested in going to "Donald's". Momma and Daddy were under the assumption that this meant "McDonald's". So we are clear, we are not one of those families that frequents fast food joints for our meals, nor are we the variety that believe that they are the root of all evil. Being a vegetarian myself, I find it difficult to find a satisfying meal at most of those establishments, therefore there's really no need to go as a family. Nicky and I have visited McDonald's once here in the US (we all went as a family in Moscow because it was pretty much our only option as everything was either 1) too darn expensive; or 2) too darn written in Russian and we didn't know what we were ordering!). Nicky and Daddy have been to Chik-fil-A a few times - mostly after major trips to the doctor (i.e. enema, upper GI scan...). And - on these jaunts we were lured more by their playground funness than their savvy cuisine!
Every time we pass by our local McDonald's, Nicky gets really excited and shouts "Donald's!" I'm sure he does remember us going and playing there, that I don't doubt...it was fun. Thing is, he's now talking about going there all the time. Like I said - I can pass on their cuisine. So, when Nicky asked if "Nana, Pop coming?", and I told him that they were coming this Friday, and he then asked me "Donald's?", well, I thought to myself "Sure! That's what Grandparents are for, right?!". I told Nicky that we would go to McDonald's when Nana and Pop came and that seemed to make him very happy.

On another note...Nicky has been singing "Old MacDonald" a lot lately. This kid loves to sing! "Moo moo here...moo moo there..." - you know the song. Well...it hit me tonight. As we were driving home from school Nicky asked me if Nana and Pop were coming, which I told him "yes, in 3 days" and then he asked me "Donald's?", which I told him "yes, we'll go to McDonald's and play", then the light bulb went off. Nicky then asked me "see cow Donald's?". OHHHHH! He thinks that "Old MacDonald" and "McDonald's" are one in the same and that if we go eat there, we'll not only play on the cool playground, but we'll also get to play with cows, sheep, ducks...!!! Interesting - I'm the grown-up...why did it take me so long to figure that one out?! I told him there weren't any cows at "McDonald's", but he could play on the playground, so he told me "ok. cow later?" "Well...maybe some day." Nicky's final answer "cow tomorrow." Enough said.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...