We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



7.13.2010

Does this make me too anal?

Ok, so to know me is to love my quirky obsession with organization.  I like things in their place.  When random mail and junk sits out and about it makes me feel completely out of whack.  The more it sits out, the deeper my funk will become and the less I want to do.


That said, I couldn't deal with the fact that our kitchen lacks a pantry any longer and our random food placement was starting to stress me out.  So...I devised a system which I think is genius!  Before, all the boxes of food ran into each other and stacked on top of each other and there was no way to see everything.  I have to have things lined up and facing in the same direction and putting a box of pasta in front of another is definitely NOT an option in my book.  And before you look at the picture below and note that the words on the labels are facing opposite directions, I'll clarify - because being anal and all, I have to do so.  Things on the left side of our cabinet have to have their front labels facing forward, as do things on the right side.  In order to do so, the left has to face the right and vice versa.  The freezer is set up the same way.  I think I need to seek counseling!!!

Anyway - now that I have my fun boxes all set up, things appear less messy and I don't get stressed when searching for a snack for Nicky, etc.  And - if something isn't facing the "correct" way (yes, Kris...I know you turned that cereal box the "wrong" way just to get my goat!), then I don't have to see it glaring in my face at all times!  But, I will admit, I do go back and re-arrange items inside the boxes themselves to make sure they are facing the "correct" way.

Like I said.  I'm anal.  I like things the way I like them.  My world is more sane when my boxes all face the same way and my cans are lined up perfectly.  Don't judge me - I know you're all jealous of my mad organizing skills!

1 comment:

jenn said...

i want you to come visit my house...and help me get organized!.....PLEASE!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...