We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



7.22.2010

Mesquite Ta-Maters


The husband and all the guys from the clubhouse (aka firestation) are competing in the annual Texas firefighter olympics this week.  Seeing as though he's a tall dude, he is of course playing the role of "baller", as opposed to being part of the poker team (poke 'er?  barely know 'er!).  The team usually wears random t-shirts and shorts, but this year their Chief sprung for the fancy uniforms since they're the defending champions.  And when I say fancy, I mean FANCY (see pic above...I apologize for the shoddy lighting...shoulda used the real camera instead of the iPhone that was handy).  They are bright toe-may-toe red with gray on the sides, and are made from the super-shiniest material EVER!  They kinda remind me of them slick satin sheets or a tafetta prom dress...only without the pouffy 80's sleeves.  Due to these facts, they've earned the awesome team nickname "Mesquite Maters" - doesn't matter if I'm the only one that calls them that - I find it humerous, and that's all that matters!

Anyhoo...I suppose the uni's are working for the boys, cuz they've won their first 2 out of 3 games and have a shot at another championship!  So...cheer with me folks...

L.E.T.S. G.O.  Let's go! Let's go!  L.E.T.S. G.O. LET's GO!!!  Whoo hoo!  Go Mesquite Maters!

~ update...looks like my cheering didn't help as much as I had intended.  although they didn't do too badly...they won the silver! ~

1 comment:

Amber Teamann said...

best post evah!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...