We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



7.21.2010

Why Do I Torture Myself?

This weekend I somehow managed to get both of my Tiffany & Co necklaces all knotted up.  Major bummer because I typically swap between the two depending on my mood.  I don't really have all that much bling, but these pieces are my go-to pendants when I don't want to have to think about how I'm going to accessorize an outfit.  I mean seriously - Tiffany pulls everything together, so I really can't go wrong with either choice.

Well, this afternoon I broke down and took Mr Starfish...
...and Ms. A to the Tiffany store to be de-knotted.  
I only hesitated because I figured they would stick me with some obscene charge for the minor infractions.  The fixer-upper dude told me it would be about 10-15 minutes, so I said "Perfect!  That will give me some time to look around!".  Upon further investigation, he said "Actually this should only take about 5 minutes", to which I replied "My husband will thank you for that...I won't have much time to do any damage!"

I should've known better than to peruse the beauties on display, but I just couldn't help myself!  Sitting still in the little waiting area is just torture when I know all the fabulousness that is just steps away.  So now I'm left aching for this little piece of magnificence...
She is only $200.  And I need her because I'm not a fan of even numbers, and having her to make pendant number 3 would round out my collection nicely.  Don't you think the hubby would go for that kind of rationization?

After trying on a few rings and bracelets, my necklaces were back to their original glory...meaning much shinier than when I originally brought them in.  I was going to ask them to clean them, but that is $15 a necklace, so I figured with the cost of having them repaired would be enough for the day.  Who knew they would go ahead and throw that service in?  Well, to my surprise, the wonderfully awesome sales lady gave them to me, helped me put them on, and then told me I was good to go!  Huh?  You mean there's no charge?!  I got the knots out and they are nice and shiny?!  I just might have to accidentally get knots in them more often!

1 comment:

jenn said...

all three look fab!....YOU NEED ALL THREE!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...