We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



9.11.2008

First Trip to Walmart!

Well - not my favorite place to be in the world, but we needed a few provisions, so the trip was inevitable. We climbed in the car & I actually figured out the booster seat and was able to get Nicky buckled in without too much difficulty! We pulled into the parking lot and I was thankful that it was pretty empty, that would make the trip much more smooth. The greeter pulled a cart out for me and I picked Nicky up and put him in the seat. He seemed ok at first, but then started to fuss a bit and was reaching for me to pick him up. I just gave him hugs and we walked with me hunched over hugging him for a bit and then he was fine! We were there for just under an hour and he was awesome! He was all smiles & chatter (Russian, of course, so not sure what he was saying!) and was even singing a little song for me (once again, in Russian!). Here's a picture I snapped of him in the card aisle.

All in all, it was a good trip! He is much more comfortable with us taking his picture now. At first he would barely look at us, now he actually smiles!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...