We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



4.03.2010

Random Nicky


Nicky and I took a walk the other afternoon, then headed to the park to play at the playground.  Along the way, we encountered several kids riding bikes.  Kris and I decided that a bike would make a good gift this year, not that he's ever expressed interest in having one, but it we thought it would be fun.  So, every kid we saw, I pointed out their bike.  Nicky was pretty much more interested in the "raypranes" (airplanes) that flew overhead, or the birds in the trees, or the random noises you hear while wandering around out-of-doors than any ol' bike.  As we neared the park, I saw a family walking alongside their child riding a bike and I pointed it out to Nicky.

Momma:  Look over there Nick...see that kid on the bike?  We could walk to the park and you could ride a bike!  Would you like a bike for your birthday?

Nicky:  wook momma!  dey building house over der!

Momma:  (ohkaaay...let's focus now...)  Yes, they sure are.  But, do you see that boy on the bike?  Do you want to have a bike for your birthday to ride at the park?  Wouldn't that be fun?!

Nicky:  (lackluster) sure.

Momma:  (sigh - come on kid!  show me some enthusiasm...I'm really trying here!)  Look!  There's another boy riding a bike!

Nicky:  yeah!  i have 2 bikes for my birtday!

Momma:  (now we're talkin!)  Two bikes?  But you can only ride one bike at a time.

Nicky:  yeah.  i ride one bike in da morning and one bike in da night time!

I like that reasoning...wonder if it will work on Daddy when I try to justify another pair of new shoes?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...