We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



4.07.2010

But I Wanna Be a Good Blogger

I've decided that it's become my M.O. to be gung-ho about blogging one day and completely laxidasical the next.  By the way...I totally guessed at how to spell that word and I was right...not too shabby...the MBA is paying off afterall.  Although, you know what kills me?  I have a rather low position in the company for which I work, and yet I can figure out how to spell and use your and you're; its and it's; there, their and they're; etc better than most of the VP's and above.  Not that you necessarily have to be great spellers or super with Grammar, to be an Executive, but come on now.  You're putting together major presentations to the Boards of this-and-that...if you're dressing the part, shouldn't you at least act the part?!  And they make the big bucks while I check the mail and order supplies for our office.  

SIGH.

Sorry.  I'm done whining for now.

Where was I?  Oh yeah.  I'm a procrastinator.  That's really what it boils down to.  I think I like the challenge that pressure brings since I'm lacking the challenge elsewhere (you'd think that of parenting would be enough!!!).  So, I wait until the last possible second to squeeze out all the posting before I have something major to do and then cram it all into a couple days.  In this case, we're planning for Nicky's 4th birthday party, and I'm leaving next week for another girls' trip - this time to Budapest and Prague with my cousin.  I'm super-excited and nervous at the same time.  I've never gone on a trip where I've not done any (ok, well, not much) planning.  My cuz is a fly-by-the-seat-of-her-pants kind of girl and although I completely admire that, it also scares the bejeezus out of me!  I'll let you know how it goes.  This will also be the first time Kris has had Nicky all to himself for an extended period of time...if the tantruns that have returned to the house become habit, I might not have a husband or son when I return home as they will have killed each other!

Anyway...if you've stopped by in the past few weeks, you've probably noticed that there was only one new post, until Easter Sunday.  Yesterday and today, however, I have been busy catching up, and because I like things to flow in order, I had to change the dates to match the day the event actually happened.  Hi.  My name is Annaliese, and I'm Anal.  So, backtrack a few days and enjoy our mayhem!

ps...Snoop Frog and Fo Rizzle have left the building house and are resting comfortably in the bottom of our trash can in the alley.  May they rest in piece...and no...that's not a typo...I hope they really do stay there all in one piece.  I don't want any crazy wild animals digging them out and bringing them back to us!  I'll be calling for my second batch of free frogs on Sunday - keep your fingers crossed they make the trip.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...