We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



4.30.2010

Random Nicky


*This story is my version of what Kris told me.  For some reason, he can't be bothered to do the post, so, if there is some embellishment on my part, so be it!*

I did my best to explain to Nicky that I was going on a trip for a few days with cousin Stefani.  He was excited that I was going to get to fly on an airplane, so that was more important than the thought that I would be away.  Each day Nicky asked Daddy "where momma?  momma come home soon?"  As we soon learned my trip home was kinda up in the air, Kris had the following discussion with Nicky:

Nicky:  momma come home today?
Daddy:  No, Nicky.  Momma will be gone a few more days.
Nicky:  but i want momma!  (frowning and becoming whiney)
Daddy:  See that volcano on tv?  That's why Momma can't come home.  (might've wanted to explain a little bit more, Daddy...)
Nicky:  oh no!!!  momma in der?!  no daddy!  (said while starting to cry)(hence the need for more of an explanation on the front-end...live and learn tho!)
Daddy:  It's ok, Nicky.  Momma's not in da volcano, she's just by it and can't get home.
Nicky:  is momma ok?  she not in volcano?  (still completely confused and crying)
Daddy:  She's ok.  She's not in it.  (giving him lots of hugs and kisses)

Poor little buddy!

Two days later Nicky was really missing his Momma and kept asking where I was and when I was coming home and had another mini-meltdown (as did Momma on the other side of the pond).  Again, Daddy provided lots of love and assured him Momma was by the volcano, not in the volcano.

When I finally arrived home, I received the biggest hug and lots of kisses and couldn't shake the little fella - he was not letting me out of his sight.

As I held him tight, he leaned back, held my face with both hands, and said
"momma.  you not in da volcano, right.  you just by it."  Right - just by it.

Then I explained that volcanoes have smoke that comes out of them and that my airplane couldn't fly home to see him because the airplane can't fly through the smoke.  Who knows what he was telling his friends and teachers at school while I was gone!  They may now think I'm some kind of mad scientest volcanologist or something. 

Nah...being an Executive Assistant is much more fascinating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...