We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



12.19.2009

The Dreaded Stomach Bug

Last Saturday, Momma and Daddy were all geared up for "Parent's Night Out", hosted by Nicky's preschool.  It's a wonderful night, (which happens only once a month, and due to Kris' fireman schedule we hardly ever get to partake), that we can take Nicky to his school for the evening for a minimal cost, and we get to actually have a grown-up night.  We had the evening all planned - a movie date, then a few drinks with friends.  Unbeknownst to us, there were vastly different activities in store for our day.  That morning, Nicky was extrememly whiney, nothing held his interest for very long, and he just followed my every move, so naturally, I thought "Oh great, it's gonna be one of those days."  I finally got him to lay on the couch and watch some tv, when he popped his head up and said the dreaded words "momma.  i frow up."  Here's what followed:

me: What?!  You did?!  Where?! (rushing frantically to the den where he was laying on the baby blue couch, which is on an off-white rug...seriously...wtf were we thinking?!)

Nicky: not yet.  i gonna.  (while just sitting calmly on the couch.  um...GET UP!  GET UPGET UP!)

me:  Ok...let's get up and go to the bathroom.  (um...while we're still young!  let's move it...move it...move it!)


me:  Aw man.  It's ok buddy.  It was an accident.  Let's get you to the bathroom and clean you up.  NOOOO!  Blitzer!  Do. Not. Eat. That!!!  (all said while gagging and thanking God that none of the Frankenberries ended up on the couch or the rug...all over the hardwood floor, but not the couch or rug!)

So, I made Nicky a cozy pallet on his playroom floor (which he thought was great fun), accompanied by a trashcan lined with shopping bags, wet wipes, hand sanitizer, Lysol spray and wipes, and a sippie cup of water.  I had a whole process in place by the time Daddy came home from the office.  Those that know me well, know that vomit is my LEAST favorite thing in the world!  So, sitting with Nicky while he was throwing up (poor baby had nothing in his belly and couldn't keep even the simplest of things - water - down!) was a huge challenge for me.  There were several close calls where I thought I was going to join in on the puke-fest.  In fact, as I was cleaning up the Frankenberries, I was gagging so badly that I kept having to run to the other side of the house to escape the smell.  Nicky came up to me at one point, rubbed my back and said "aw.  you frow up too momma?".  So sweet!  He's the one that can't stop throwing up, yet he's concerned for my well-being!

Needless to say, we did not make it to Parent's Night Out; thankfully, Nicky stopped throwing up by 7pm.  Sunday morning I asked him if he wanted some breakfast.  He told me "i want cereal.  but i eat diffrent cereal!"  Good choice son - we will NEVER eat Frankenberries in this house again!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...