We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



12.21.2009

The Trains at NorthPark


A few weekends ago we took Nicky to see the Trains at NorthPark Mall in Dallas.  As a female, I'd have to say the trains were impressive.  As a dude, well, I'd probably tell you they rocked!  Nicky and Kris both seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves; I seemed to just be along for the ride. 

I tried to be overly enthusiastic for Nicky's sake, but I just lost steam after the first 10 minutes of standing in one spot looking at the same scenery and the same train coming and going (Nicky didn't want to move onto each next train set - once he was looking at one, he was there until we peeled him away.).  Now, this is not to say that it wasn't worth the money spent on the tickets, or the time we spent driving to the mall and fighting for a parking spot, because it was definitely well worth the time spent together.  Best of all, I convinced Kris to follow me into The Gap, and he was the best husband in the world...he allowed me to browse as he chased down, and entertained, a rambunctious 3 1/2 year old. (I became the proud owner of 2 turtleneck sweaters, one button-up shirt, and an awesome plaid skirt!)  We finished off the excursion with the purchase of a lemonade and sugar M&M cookie for Nicky...so, we were all satisfied!  However, I did tell Kris that going to see the trains could be a father-son trip going forward; it could be "their thing".  As much as I want to be the "cool mom", I'm just not as into trains as I tried to be, and there are some things that are better left to the male species.  Besides, since they would already be at the mall, they could use the time to buy my Christmas presents!  Kris agreed, so it looks like I've scored an afternoon to myself next year!  Yay!  It's a win-win!

(Nicky's so fascinated by the trains, he can't take his eyes off them!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...