We are a married couple who adopted our little Russky, Nikita {aka Nicky, Nicky noodle, little man, Nikoli, the Nickster, crazy dude, goofball, puppy love, etc...you get the picture!} from St Petersburg, Russia four years ago. Join us as we stumble through the joys and perils of parenthood, while our son teaches us a few things along the road...



12.16.2009

Ladies Man Part 2


I was all geared up to blog about Thanksgiving tonight, that is, until I had the following coversation with my son.  It was way too, well, too I don't know what, so I had to share.  It went a little something like this...

I had just given Nicky a shower and was putting his pj's on him.  He had chosen a lovely pair, which he received as a hand-me-down from his cousin Brenden, that had stripes and a small car embroidered on the left breast.  After pulling the shirt over his big head, Nicky tells me there's a car on his shirt.  He then giggles and says "there a car on my boobeet!".  I just nodded in agreement.  He then proceeds to tell me "i go see boobeet morrow" - very matter-of-fact.  I just continued dressing him without really much more than an "umm hmm".  Nicky, with a huge ear to ear grin, emphatically says, "i go see boobeet morrow!  eat pizza!"  It was then that it dawned on me.  He wants to go back to the grill and bar, Third Base.  You see, it was 'bikini night' when we took the little pimp ladies man, and Nicky much enjoyed checking out all the hot, YOUNG chicks.  (I'm pretending that Nicky was the only male at our table that enjoyed the scenery that much...Daddy definitely only has eyes for Momma!)  Needless to say, I really didn't know how to respond to his request.  The more I tried to get him to pick out books to read, the more he kept telling me what he wanted to go see.  I somehow managed to steer him back to books/bedtime.  I always thought I wanted to be one of those moms that their son wants to talk to about girls, etc...after my first dose of such a conversation (and keep in mind, he's only 3 1/2!!!), I think I've definitely changed my mind!  Does he have to grow up?!

2 comments:

Jennifer James said...

Lol, too funny. All you have to do at this age is play it down and let it pass. If he gets too much of a reaction, it will go on forever. BTW, Seth just bought a new pair of shoes in MEN'S SIZE 9 and I noticed peach fuzz on his upper lip the other day. So, unfortunately, the answer is, yes they do have to grow up, no matter how much it breaks our hearts...At least Seth and Kayla have NO INTEREST in girls and boys, yet...

jenn said...

too funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...